- It is our policy in GMT ENERGY RESOURCES to carry out our activities in such a manner that no fatality or major injuries to lives and or damages to property arises there from.
- All our personnel at any work site are fully trained and qualified for the particular task.
- We ensure proficiency in swimming to survival level of all boat/maintenance crew prior to/after employment periodically.
- We ensure that the client’s standing instructions for Masters of hired crafts are understood and complied with.
- We ensure that “NO NIGHT SAILING” rule, if in force, is strictly adhered to.
- We ensure the procurement and use of only correct tools and equipment for each specific job.
- We require all persons employed directly or indirectly by the Company at all times to wear personal protective equipment suitable for existing condition of work site, weather and environment.
- We ensure that all our drivers have valid driver’s license.
- Our company has put in place incentives as a reward for positive attitudes to safety and disincentives for nonchalant attitudes against safety.
GMT Energy Resources Limited is committed to delivering quality products and services in all our operations and worksites. This is an integral part of our business strategy and essential for the achievement of our ambition to be recognized and trusted as a leading Integrated Energy Company.
We are fully dedicated to achieving high-level customer satisfaction by ensuring that our projects, processes, products and services fully meet our customers’ requirements, our own internal requirements, relevant laws and regulations, and the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
We ensure that quality objectives are established at various functions and levels throughout the organization and our projects. These objectives together with other key quality compliance indicators are monitored, measured and reviewed continuously to support continual improvement of the quality management system.
GMT’s top management implements this policy through GMT Quality Management System.
- All new staff are subjected to Pre-employment medical examination whilst the old employees are made to undergo periodic medical examination to ensure their physical and mental fitness.
- An outside medical retainership clinic/hospital continue to be used in case of major ailments.
- The Company ensures that no illegal drugs, firearms, dangerous weapons, alcohol and other contraband are allowed into the company premises, boats or work locations; GMT ENERGY RESOURCES LTD. operates a “No Smoking Policy”
- We ensure general cleanliness of facilities by regular inspections and the provision of tools/consumables to meet such target.
It is our policy at GMT ENERGY RESOURCES to:
- Ensure the compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and company standards and conduct regular audits to verify compliance.
- Apply sound environmental management practices where, in our judgment, existing legal requirements are insufficient for our operations.
- Consider our potential environmental impacts in our daily business decision-making processes.
- Encourage conservation of natural resources, recycling, source reduction and pollution control to ensure cleaner air and water and to reduce landfill wastes.
- Share environmental best practices across the company.
- Establish metrics to monitor our environmental performance, and use these to set goals for continuous improvement.
- Implement environmental management systems to identify and manage environmental risks, obligations and opportunities.
- Annually review the company’s performance in implementing this policy.
- Review this policy periodically and update it as needed.
- Expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors. It is the responsibility of both corporate and divisional leaders to ensure this policy is effectively communicated, understood and implemented throughout GMT ENERGY RESOURCES operations. All employees are responsible for understanding the impacts of this policy on their day-to-day activities and are encouraged to apply good environmental stewardship both in and beyond the workplace.